2018 Yamaha VF115LA
The In-Line Four V MAX SHO four strokes have achieved the unthinkable—packing signature V MAX SHO hole shot and acceleration into streamlined designs. These 1.8- and 2.8-liter dynamos feature surprising tech packages with 16 valves, double overhead cams and electronic fuel injection—for maximum efficiency and high performance. This makes the I-4 V MAX SHOs perfect for smaller bass, flats and bay boats and other performance hulls. With the addition of 25-inch-shaft options for all of our I-4 V MAX SHO outboards, anglers prowling big waters on multi-species, bay and flats boats have a competitive edge that runs deeper than ever.
- Quiet Power and Performance: The I-4 V MAX SHO® design maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quiet power and performance.
- Midrange Power and Response: The V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 feature Variable Camshaft Timing, which optimizes the angle of the intake camshaft to increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges.
- Fuel Efficient: In-line Four V MAX SHO® designs are up to 40% more fuel efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
- Optimum Power: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Four V MAX SHO® outboards.
- Power Management: An array of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
- Unbeatable Reliability: The I-4 V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 feature a Cowling Drain System and Air Intake Labyrinth System to trap and drain water that enters their cowlings during normal operation.
- Better Lubrication: Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
- Engine Warning System: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha I-4 V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- Extra Space: A four stroke in-line design means there's no need for an external oil tank. That means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and gear.
- Ample Charging Power: At 50 amps, the V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 alternators boast an 11 percent increase in charging power over the two stroke 150 HPDI®.
- Easy Rigging: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- The I-4 V MAX SHO 115 is Yamaha’s fastest 115-hp four stroke, ever, with a top speed of nearly 51 mph.* On top of its impressive speed, it features tech unheard of in its class, including a long-track intake system, free-flow exhaust and knock sensor. Still it’s 10 pounds lighter than a competitor’s two stroke. (*Tests conducted by Yamaha Marine using a Skeeter® TZX170 with a tournament load and two occupants.)
- 1.8-liter high-output four cylinder
- 377 lbs. dry weight
- 20-inch and 25-inch shaft options
- 35 amps of charging power
- Command Link® compatibility with Variable Trolling
- Engine Type: Inline 4
- Displacement: 1832cc
- Bore x Stroke: 81 x 88.9mm (3.19 x 3.5 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 115hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5300 ~ 6300
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 35 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight: 171 kg (377 lb.)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Engine Type
- Inline 4
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.19 x 3.5 in. (81 x 88.9mm)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 377 lb. (171 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 115hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5300 ~ 6300 rpm
- Fuel Induction
- 35 Amp